Name: Libby

Gender: Female

Estimated Date of Birth: 11/2/16

Size: 32 lbs

Color: Black and white

Wow, what a wirl wind day. This morning I woke up indoors, warm and was given food to fill my empty belly. I am always so hungry. You see, I've gone without food for so long I'm almost just skin and bones. Really. I didn't go as a triceratops for Halloween, that's my shoulder, spine and hip bones you can see. Anyway, I digress...this morning when I woke up there were a lot of dogs barking, people walking by cleaning up and passing out treats. Then this lady, who spent time with me yesterday, came up to me and said 'Hi Libby, let's go and start your next chapter.' I learned her name was Shawna and she took me outside for a bathroom break, then gave me a bath and a ride to my new foster home.

I don't know what a foster home is, but whenever I hear it the people have a 'warm and fuzzy' sound to their voice so I think it's a good thing. I enjoyed riding in the car on my way to my new foster home. I had a comfy crate all to myself for the ride so I just laid down for a nice quiet break to decompress from the noisy and chaotic environment I left. Eventually we stopped. I was super excited to get out, the air smelled fantastic - all green and wet and clean!

Then the most amazing thing happened. I met three new friends! Oliver, Falcon & Willow all said hi and welcomed me into their home. They weren't pushy or jealous or mean, they welcomed me like I was coming home. I was so overjoyed I just wanted to sit with my new foster mom and go to sleep. 

Once Shawna left, I had dinner. My foster mom said she's feeding me puppy food to help me gain weight. I have been hungry for so long that now, when I have access to all the food I could want, I can't eat it. My stomach shrank. It's going to take me some time to get back to a healthy weight, but I finally think things are starting to look up for me.

After dinner, I had a second bath. Hey, it's not as bad as it sounds. The place I woke up this morning stinks, literally, and even after one bath I could still smell the 'funk' on me so I was glad to have a second bath. Then I got my ears cleaned and my nails trimmed. My foster mom said I was having a spa day. I think everyone should treat themselves to spa days! 

Before I fall into the deep sleep that has been calling me all afternoon, I wanted to jot down my day because I'm sure I'll never experience something like this. Every day is an opportunity, don't forget that important fact. Be grateful for what you've got!

November 3, 2017

I've got a vet appointment this morning for a wellness check-up. I love riding in the car and can't wait for all of the affection and hugs I get at the vet office. I have worms so I took some medication to get rid of them and I've gained 3 more pounds even with the worms. Once I get rid of those guys I should start gaining weight nicely.

November 29, 2017

I had a follow up vet appointment today. I am officially worm free! I've also gained another 5 pounds. I'm feeling better every day and love meeting so many great dogs at my foster home.

Complete an adoption application today to meet Libby!